Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Power of Relationship

The power of relationship is the dividing line. 
Do you think you have the "right" to say certain things to certain people, 
Just because, you have a certain kind of relationship with them?
I can say "you stink, you need a shower" to certain people.
But if I said that to others, they would be offended. 
Relationship matters. 
Can we trust God?
YES. 
Is it easy to trust God?
NO.
What is the role of relationship in this trust/ease factor?
If we have a consistent relationship with God, 
Then it is easier to say "I don't trust that this will be OK". 
And, guess what?
God understands that. 
He does not condemn us for "oh, ye of little faith" moments.
However, if we do not have a consistent relationship with HIM, 
It is much easier for us to fall into the category of:
"I don't trust"
and mean it. 
Thus spiraling into the depths of despair. 
The only thing that keeps us afloat is THAT relationship. 
How is my relationship with God right now?
Do I trust HIM enough to say "I am having trouble trusting you?"
and KNOW firmly that HIS plan is big enough?
January 2011

1 comment:

Brittney said...

It sounds like you do. I love that I can go to my Father and tell him I am scared, question his actions, and ask for the millionth time that he reassure me it will be okay. You are so right. We find that kind of freedom only within a close relationship. I know my God loves me and his faithful no matter what he allows and I know that I can bring my fear to him. I pray for you daily Summer. I am thankful that you are taking your fears to him and trusting him in them.

"Though he slay me, yet I will hope in him." Job 13:15a