Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pain?

What is Pain?
What is painful to me vs, what is painful for you?
How much pain is good to share?
vs. How much pain shall we "endure" alone?
My heart is breaking for some friends. 
Is their pain worse or more important than my pain?
Do I "dwell" in their pain to escape the pain in my own world?
The comment:  
"Don't worry, everything will be fine. Give it to God"
Does that just cover it and now it is over?
If we pretend like it does not exist,
Then, is it still happening, is it still real?
If we become overtaken by fear,
are we less of a Christian?
Do we have less faith?
In the quiet moments in the middle of the night, 
who reigns?
Shall we let our minds wander to the point of exhaustion?
Or do we go straight to the source of all comfort?
IMMEDIATELY.
January 2011


1 comment:

Brittney said...

Our God is a God who can reach deeper than our deepest fear. My fears run very, very deep. But my God is even deeper. My pain over my life is very, very great. But my God is even greater. He knows our pain intimately and he meets us in it. How fortunate we are to have a God like this!! Praying he continues to meet you in your pain.