Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I am so very sick.

I woke up Sunday morning with an incredible ear ache. It is like nothing I have ever felt before.
I managed to get to church. I am still not sure why. (The "treat n go" did not open until noon).
I was at the clinic at noon. Without lunch.
Jeremy took the kids across the street to eat. I waited. and waited. When I finally was seen, I like to have "stumped" the nurse practitioner. I don't think she knew what to do with a nursing mother.
I was given antibiotics. That is it. I was in so much pain. She said "Tylenol". I just about decked her. I had already taken Tylenol and then ibuprofen.
I came home to rest. It was fitful and short lived but.... I considered going to the ER. What would they do for me their? I did not want to wait so they could tell me "take Tylenol".
I really wanted to go to the ER.
I finally fell asleep.
My ear drum ruptured at 1:44 am. Believe me. I felt it. Then came the OOZZZZZZZZ. nasty stuff, and in my hair. grrrrr.
Now I hear a terrible ringing and the pain randomly shoots down my neck all the way to my pelvis.
Mackenzie has pink eye. I took her to the doctor today in this condition. (not safe, let me tell you) She cannot miss any more school. (we took two extra days of spring break. teeehee)
I was rescued first of all by so many who stepped up and are watching the Happel girls (THANK YOU) and secondly by my mother in law who swept in today and is cleaning the kitchen. Praise the LORD!!
Thank you to all who have called. I cannot talk on the phone, the pain is too great. (and right next to my ear).
I do take text messages and email.
I now have antibiotic ear drops for the open wound that is my ear. (thanks to Mackenzie's doctor at the pink eye visit).
Now, when will the pain and the ringing go away?
My birthday is in just a few days too. what a gift.
May 19th, 2009 (is it really 09????????)

1 comment:

Brittney said...

I am sorry you have been so sick, Summer. :( I continue to pray daily for you to get better.