Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Prayer Request

My Grandfather (my mother’s father) is dying. His kidney’s shut down last Thursday and he is not expected to live beyond the week. He has been “dying” any minute for the last 7 years after a serious heart attack. Praise God for the 7 years He gave us. He is 94 or so years old.

ALSO, my Grandmother (my mother’s mother) (yes, the wife of the dying grandfather!) HAS BREAST CANCER AGAIN! She had breast cancer at 72 years old and is now 90. (my mother had breast cancer at 34 and 42)

I don’t know what this means for my Grandmother. I am guessing surgery. But I don’t think she can handle chemo or radiation at 90 years old.
There are 5 daughters (my mom and sisters) but so many decisions. I know there is nothing I can do but pray but…..It would help to be near. Living so far away is difficult. My heart aches for them.

My mother is Jane Gilbert and her parents are Sidney and Ruby Murray for you to add to your prayer lists. There is about 65 or 70 people in their family by now. Great, Great Grand children I think, maybe even one more great! (my cousins have grandchildren)

I would appreciate your prayers as this unfolds before us.
May 22, 2006

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Summer, I have been trying to email you a lot. I don't guess you are getting any of them. I am so sorry you are so far away. I love you and am praying for God to comfort you, too. I miss you.

BJ