Saturday, April 15, 2006

Luke' vocabulary

I know this is just the beginning.
Luke has been making sounds that are similar to words.
First came "O" for Oklahoma, our dog.
He even snaps his fingers to call the dog!
How cute.
"Au" for Outside.
"awl du" for All Done, with the wave of the hands in the air.
Just his arms straight in the air for Amen! after we pray.
He has his own special word for "let me drive the car"
but we can't figure out what the word is.
"ive" for drive maybe.
I think I even heard a slight "bye" today.
"da" means everything from That to Pay attention to me.
An occasional "ma" but still indescriminant.
Mostly they are just sounds.
Others might not be able to "hear" the word resemblance.
So I can't really call them "first words" yet.
Mackenzie's first word was very clearly "shoes" with shoes in hand.
How old was she? I wrote it down somewhere!
Luke is still trying really hard to walk but nothing yet.
We will keep you posted.
April 2006

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cute! Coralyn squeaks! but who knows what the squeaks mean!