Saturday, December 14, 2013

Perspective

It is all about Perspective.
As I heard a comment TWICE in ONE day. .....
I had to see the Perspective.
What you say was this comment?
Oh, I'm a gonna tell you.
(PS. YOU, I am not upset. I swear)
"Oh, My cousin is due in April and she is about as big as you". (I'm due in JUNE!!!)
Followed a few hours later by:
"How far along are you? about 6 months or so?" (new acquaintance)
Me:  "huh, uh, well, nope. Ah, well about 6 LEFT"
Hey people. This is the SIXTH time I have stretched out my tiny housing unit.
(but this need not apply, I was just as huge the first time LOL)
God truly does make all kinds. You will all get quite a kick out of just HOW big I can get.
I don't mind. I really don't. If. I. Did. I. Would. NOT. have. Done it. again!
Think about that. ... (no, not that much).
You think I don't know!
If I did not want to HOUSE another HUMAN ...... I would not be.

As I tried to dress the new baby-bump for a delightful wedding. (the same day as the Huge comments)
I struggled to find something "flattering".
I simply have Nothing to wear.
HELLLLO!
No one cares what I wear to the wedding. IT IS NOT ABOUT ME>
Dear Bride. It is about YOU.
I am so glad You invited us to your special day. I do not care what I wear. I know it is your day.
My sweet husband and my delightful daughter reassured me that I looked "fine". (geez, thanks)
It is not about my wardrobe,
It is not about my months, (size)
It is not about ME.

What is YOUR perspective?
Is it about YOU?
Does it always have to be about you?
Do you put others first?
Is it really true that you have nothing to wear?
PERSPECTIVE>

To GOD be the GLORY for great things HE has done.

God bless the marriage of Luke and Sarah T.
It was beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!
and I did have something to wear.
I did look "fine".
Actually, I looked pretty good.
Confidence is pretty.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started a blog once... Literally just wrote on it once and wouldn't know where to find it now. It was called things that make you go hmmmm. Well I'm glad I discovered your blog. I pray that your writing returns, although with 5 on the way how do you find the time! Many blessings- carrie

Stephanie Kay said...

I have learned that the general public has no idea how to judge how far along a pregnancy is or the age of a baby. People keep saying my little guy is "getting soooo big." He's 7 months old and his 0-3 M clothes are finally getting too tight for him. I just smile and nod. ;)