Thursday, March 03, 2011

9 months pregnant---Forced to Slow Down in a Fast Paced World.

How slow can you go?
Life is a bunch of fast pace races,  separated by a minimal night's sleep, only to begin again the next day. 
I was driving my car-- Slowly. Life racing by me. I take my time to get everywhere. I waddle in and out of stores and doctor's offices. I PLAN ahead and give myself several extra minutes,--even to stand up and "re-align" my hips before I dash off to get the kids from their classrooms at church.
During the precious time of gestation, God provides a drastic reduction in function. 
Strange, we say. Should we not function at our best during this time?
No, the answer is No. 
To function at our best, we actually must function at our worst. 
What? That is crazy!
This re-aligns our priorities. What are your priorities? 
In this case, our own personal health and the life we are responsible for. 
When we simply have to slow down, we learn to appreciate each and every task and the energy required to do each task.
Taking the time to wake up, go to the bathroom every hour, and then get up and function the next day is God's way of preparing us to focus. 
What are we focusing on?
We are to focus on what is really important. Really. Important. 
Our next task will be the sole feeder of a tiny defenseless infant. 
If we can't get up and pee every hour without getting angry and bitter......How, then, shall we get up every 2 hours and sit for 40 minutes of the next hour to Calmly feed our helpless babe? Only to repeat this every 2 hours, day and night for several weeks/months and get up and function the next day?
Nope, not exaggerating. 
I will be asking God about this when I get there. It is not nice. God's purpose is supreme. 
Thank you for preparing us......(even though I don't agree with you).  
March 2011 (baby due in approx. 20 days).  ha ha ha.....

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You know you have a point. I had not thought of it that way :) thanks for the insight as I was getting past frustrated trying to be the perfect mom and wife in this world's view.