Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Differences

I know boys and girls are different.
I know first's and subsequent are different.
I know everyone is different.
Mackenzie potty trained in a month with cloth diapers,
at the tender age of 23 months.
We had just moved to Nicaragua and did not have
access to paper diapers.
It was time any way.
Two days of cloth diapers and she was set.
Where's the potty?
********
Luke is 23 months.
Don't get me wrong...
We are NOT trying to potty train him.
He is a boy, right?
However!!!!!!!!!!!
When he comes straight to me and grabs his diaper
and screams "STINK",
We go!
At first I did not understand,
but now after not changing a dirty diaper for 4 days in a row....
I like this.
Now, we are not forcing, we aren't even encouraging,
we are just adapting to his changing needs.
He "stinks" in the "pot" before he learns to "peeps"?!
I thought it was the other way around!
Well, they are all different, aren't they!??!
So, code words are "stink" and "change",
Take him to the "pot"!
March 2007

1 comment:

Corey, Kelly, Alex, Blaize said...

That is awesome! Wow! What we have to look forward to. Lovew you guys and miss you. Kelly's parents are here and we are rewiring parts of our house and replumbing... fun, fun (Spring Break).... hope to see you guys soon and get some updates.

Corey and family