Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Mold and VCR's

Did you know that Video tapes mold faster than wet leather?
Ok, maybe not faster, but just as fast!
I just threw out 8 video tapes yesterday because of mold.
I put a tape in last night to watch a movie I taped off TV,
The tape looked clean.
The VCR got white snow only. (moldy)
I ran the cleaning tape over, and over for 2 hours
and you could just slightly see the picture within the fuz.
Then I gave up and went to bed.
The VCR is still not working today.
I am running the cleaning tape again.
You are supposed to run the tape for only one cleaning cycle.
I ran the whole tape over and over for 2 hours.
I guess those are the perils of the jungle.
But boy, isn't that frustrating?
Be thankful for your vcr and videos, without mold.
June 2006

1 comment:

Kate said...

I think DVD's do better in this humidity!